Saturday 16 May 2009

NOLU charity update – edition *106


In a week when everyone’s focus is on the business at hand at Wembley, I thought I’d post an update of the charity donations generated by the magazine and lapel badge sales too.

I’m very pleased to report that I’ve today been able to donate £200 to the Red Balloon Learner Centre James Bulger appeal (link below). Additionally with only a few badges left now, I’ve donated the running profit of £330 to the Mizen Jimmybus appeal via the website at www.jimmymizen.co.uk

These two donations take the total generated since January to over £1200, which is fantastic. Details of each donation are as follows:

Edition *103 – January 2009: Neil Harris Everyman Appeal £250.
Edition * 104 – March 2009: Samaritans Redbridge £250.
Edition * 105 – April 2009: Teenage Cancer Trust £250
Edition * 106 – Play-offs: Red Balloon Learner Centres £200
The NOLU 2009-10 lapel badge – last few available: the Mizen ‘Jimmybus’ Appeal £330

I want to thank each reader of NOLU for their support of the magazine since we relaunched it in January. It’s a magazine that I am proud to be associated with and which I think has come on leaps and bounds over the last three editions. Next season I want to continue with our charity donations and try to focus on more Millwall causes too. In particular I’d like to see us support some of the club’s youth sides and player shirt sponsorships – more news and ideas on that in August though.

All the best till then.


Nick Hart
noluthemag@hotmail.co.uk

http://www.justgiving.com/jamesbulger